Welcome to my Top Ten Tuesday! This week I’m talking about the Top Ten Things I’m thankful for. My top ten is a blend of bookish and non bookish things. Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly blog post hosted by The Broke and Bookish
The Top Ten Things I’m Thankful for.
10. I’m really grateful that I had the opportunity to be a Municipal Liaison for my county during NaNoWriMo (more on this in the November wrap up). It’s been a wonderful experience, and I not only got to meet some amazing people, but I got to make friends and encourage tons of people to write a novel. I know November’s not over, but I’m loving all the purple winner banners that are popping up when I check in on my county page.
9. I’m really thankful for the indie publishing scene. I get to read books put out by people who have a passion for writing and publishing. I’ve come across some amazing, formidable writers in the indie/self pubbing scene. I’m really happy that the scene is exploding, because I get to read more books–some that if traditional publishing was the only opportunity available I wouldn’t be able to read. Some of my favorite books this year are on the indie/self scene and I’m blown away by the talent pool.
8. I’m thankful for the opportunity to lead a Girl Scout troop. I actually started a troop last year, and this year we’ve tripled our amount of girls in the troop. I’m so happy to help educate and give these girls a safe place to learn and grow and discover the world around them.
7. Blogging is something that’s always appealed to me. I like to read and I love to talk about books. So I’m so thankful that I get the chance to speak freely about my opinions. I’m so happy that I get to read all sorts of books, and I get the chance to read whatever I want to read. I’m also so very thankful for each and every comment, and person who follows my blog. Thank you. So very much.
6. So thankful to be part of the Wednesday Briefs flash fiction crew. I love being able to put out a short piece of fiction each week, and be in the company of some really impressive and amazing authors. They’re really great and have accepted a dork whose only publishing credit is an anthology. These people have put out multiple books. So it’s nice to write in their company. If you’re interested in reading my flashes, check the Wednesday Briefs tab at the top of my blog.
5. I’m incredibly grateful for the blog tours/authors who take chances on smaller blogs. I’ve had wonderful opportunities, and I can’t wait to see what next year brings.
4. I’m so thankful for my friends. I have some of the most wonderful, supportive incredible people around me. I’m so very lucky to have them in my life. They’re members of my family, and I would have an empty existence without them.
3. People who are as passionate about reading and writing as I am. Starting in January I get to do a writing workshop for teens, and it’s because of blogging/being at the library and NaNoWriMo that I got this opportunity.
2. The fact that I have my health, a great family, amazing friends, and all in all a great life. It’s been a good year, and I can only imagine the shenanigans I’m going to get into next year.
1. The fact that my little brother gets to come home for Christmas. He’s stationed in Ft. Hood, but has been overseas the past two Christmases.
That’s my Top Ten Tuesday post! What are you thankful for? Share with me and tell me in the comments! If you’ve done a TTT of your own, go ahead and link it, I’ll be more than happy to stop by. Thank you for reading, and have a wonderful day.