Welcome to my Top Ten Tuesday! This week I’m talking about the Top Ten Books Resolutions for 2014. Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly blog post hosted by The Broke and Bookish
I’m working on a a couple different resolutions/things I want to get done this year. Some of them are book/blogging related, some are more personal. I really like resolutions and setting goals for myself–I tend to keep on them pretty nicely as well. So, without further ado, I’m going to get right into them. These aren’t in any particular order.
* I want to be more consistent with this blog. I want to put up more reviews, both of books that are trending and more “Shelly focused” books. I’m an eclectic reader, but I’ve been caught up by the YA/NA/dystopian tidal wave, and I want to make it a point this year to get back to the science fiction/fantasy/crime worlds that I love and blog about those too, so I can share books that are more my style. Hopefully talk about them enough to get you guys curious as well.
* This year I’m spending time on myself. Over the past couple of years I’ve bent over backward for people, and forgotten to take care of myself along the way. I’m getting back to eating healthier and cleaner, and going to the gym. I’ve signed up for some pretty exciting (to me at least) classes, and I’m super energized and ready to go.
* I have four manuscripts that I want to finish and self publish this year. I’m working on a NA trilogy and I’m also working on expanding a piece that I’ve previously published through an indie publisher, and putting it back out there. I’ve gotten into the habit of starting something, making a lot of headway and then just leaving it be. This year I fully intend to publish all four, and get some things under my belt. Along the way I’m submitting shorter pieces to anthology calls too, but I want to get my stuff out there.
* This year I’m making it a point to explore the world around me more. In 2013 I did a lot of things that were new to me, and in turn I had some of the most fun I’ve ever had. I stepped outside my comfort zone and challenged myself to do new things, and go new places. I’m carrying that forward this year.
* I want to get my TBR list down to a manageable number. It sounds a little silly and daunting, but I’m going to do it. The sheer mountains of books I have stashed around the house and my bedroom are more than slightly overwhelming. I tend to stress out about them.
* I want to get more organized and have space for everything. I’m starting by doing small things each month. This month I’m tackling my scrap booking supplies and my nail polish collection. I am in the process of swatching and organizing my collection, I may have made a spreadsheet so I know exactly what I have when it comes to nail polish. I’ve also promised myself a ‘no-buy’ year. I’m hoping I can do it. My collection is a little out of hand.
* I am working on surrounding myself with people who support and love me, and don’t expect me to change because of their ideas. This is tough, because there’s a couple of people that I need to remove myself from in order to accomplish this. But I feel in the long run, it will be the best thing for me.
* When it comes to writing, I want to take chances and really explore things that I’ve tucked away in my writing journal. Little plot ideas, or character sketches, just the things that came to me in the middle of the night, and I don’t feel as though I’m strong enough to write them. This year, I take that idea and throw it away. I want to really play with genre and different things. I want to let loose and see where things take me.
* I want to reconnect with nature. I want to go explore in the woods, and spend time watching the waves roll in. I think connecting with the outdoors is something that I’ve neglected to do. The world is all around us, and I’ve spent a lot of time inside.
Those are my top resolutions for 2014. What are your resolutions? Did you make any this year? If you did your own TTT post, feel free to link it below.
One thought on “Top Ten Tuesday!”
I hope you complete every single one ❤
Here's Our TTT
Doris @ OABR