Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and Bookish. Each week the bloggers at The Broke and The Bookish put out a topic, and discuss their top ten options for said topic. This week it’s all about the Top Ten Book Covers You’d Frame.
* Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling. I love the hazy blues and mysterious feeling the cover has. I’d probably hang this somewhere in a hallway.
* City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare. The splash of red against the greens and yellows of the rest of the cover are a great contrast. This would end up in the living room area.
* Lord of the Flies by William Golding. I love the contrast of the green and gold. Plus it’s a great focal piece and sure to get people talking. Entry way or living room.
* Awakened By P.C Cast and Kristin. This cover is one of my favorites out of that series. I like that the subject is in the left field and the red against all the darker tones. This would end up in my bedroom.
* Saiyuki Reload volume 10 by Kazuya Minekura. Frankly, any of Minekura’ series would be plastered over my walls if I had the opportunity to do so. I just really love the design of the Saiyuki characters. Minekura’s art goes all over my place.
* Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. I think the cover is just gorgeous. I’ve got a thing for black and white with a pop of color and the bright blue against the black and white shading of this cover does it for me. This would go in a hallway.
* Die For Me by Amy Plum. I haven’t read this, but I was drawn in by the cover. It’s so pretty, and features the ‘pretty dress’. Reds are some of my favorite tones and I like that there are a few variations here. This would probably go in the dining/kitchen area.
* Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini. This is actually next on my tbr pile. I like the cooler tones of this cover, and I’d probably put it right next to the Die for Me cover for strong visual interest and contrast. Dining/kitchen area.
* Black City by Elizabeth Richards. I LOVE this cover. Dark blacks, red fading into white visual interest and it’s a little unusual. I’d put this in a high traffic room so probably the main living space. If I wasn’t greedy and kept it in my bedroom.
* Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. I still haven’t read this book, but I love the cover, and I bought it for the cover (despite everyone loving this book). Totally hanging this one in my bedroom.
That is my Top Ten covers I’d hang on my wall. If you’ve done a Top Ten Tuesday post, go ahead and leave a link in the comments. 🙂
6 thoughts on “Top Ten Covers I’d hang on my wall. (Top Ten Tuesday)”
The Daughter of Smoke and Bone books are SO PRETTY. And I love the shattered rose (I think that’s what it is?) on the BLACK CITY cover. Great picks, and thanks for stopping by!
Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf
I really like the cover of Die For Me. I’m reading it soon, so I hope the story inside is as good! I adore the Shadow and Bone cover too. Simple but effective! 😀
I had to double take to check for any manga inclusions this week–and you didn’t disappoint! That exploding rose in Black City (that’s correct right?) just reminds me of either Byakuya (Bleach) or Mochi (Monster Rancher) LOL… oops 😡
joey via. thoughts and afterthoughts
Oooh, I love that you included manga. I didn’t even think about that and I SHOULD HAVE. 😀
These are great! Daughter of Smoke and Bone and Shadow and Bone came so close to making my list too!
Shadow and Bone came SOCLOSE on my list! I love it so much!