One of my goals for this month is to really get back into the swing of reading and blogging about what I read. So I figured the best way to start that out is to pick a few books as a pre-assembled to read list and work off of that rather than staring at my overloaded shelves and thinking “I have nothing to read so I’m going to go buy another book”.
This is my list for August (hopefully to be completed by August 31st) and if I read more, I’ll certainly blog about them and bring them up again in my monthly wrap up.
1. What’s Left of Me by Kat Zhang. I bought this for a swap partner, and then I ended up falling in love with the synopsis–and I received it as book mail as well.
2. The Iron Thorn by Caitlin Kittredge. I had this on my wishlist for the ninjabook mini summer swap, and I got it and the two companions.
3. Love Fortunes and Other Disasters by Kimberly Karalius. I won this off of a blog contest and I’m really excited to read it. The blogger had nothing but great things to say about it.
4. Tell The Wolves I’m Home by Carol Rifka Brunt. One that was on my wishlist forever and a swap partner got it for me.
5. Countdown City by Ben H. Winters. I bought this and The Last Policeman at the same time, and I loved The Last Policeman—I just hadn’t gotten around to Countdown City.
6. Sweet Home by Tillie Cole. I actually met Tilly at the Emerald City Author Event 2014, and she signed this for me (I’ll show the inscription when I post the review), and I really want to read it. I’m in love with the cover.
7. Gangsta volume 5 by Kohske. I’m a few volumes behind and I need to get caught up because I love this series so much.
8. Dogs Bullets and Carnage vol 9 by Shirow Miwa. I was in B&N last night and saw that volume 10 had finally been released, so I really tossed this on here so I can get caught up.
9. Drug and Drop Vol 1 by Clamp. Again, I saw that volume 2 was out and I really needed to read volume 1.
10. Deep Blue by Jennifer Donnelly. This is another one that I picked up for a swap partner and ended up on my own wish list.
That is my TBR list for August. Please share yours with me! I’d love to see it. If you’ve read anything on my list, let me know how you liked it.